There are times when I say "IS IT ME?"....................There are times when I might even say "WTF"......But more often than not you will regularly find me saying "WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN". Here are my Top 10 Do's and Don'ts of everyday life.
1. DO NOT expect to much from people: Just because you might go the extra mile does not mean that they will too. Some people are just not built like that, if you don't expect you won't be disappointed.
2. DO NOT prepare a slow cooked stew in the morning: Chopping onions after putting Mascara on only ends in disaster.
3. DO NOT take criticism personally: This is something I am fabulous at. I tell myself that the other person is not attacking me, but it's an easy trap to fall into, and I am happy to oblige.
4. DO NOT worry about things that are out of your control: I am the worlds biggest worrier, in fact if I haven't got anything to worry about then I will actually worry about that. I am learning slowly that it is a big huge waste of energy and time.
5. DO think before you respond to "stupid": I am teaching myself to think what will happen and how will I feel in 3 hours if I respond to someone stupid. More often than not it stops me from making a situation worse. I recently had to deal with a nasty problem and with the help of a good blogging friend (thank you Suzanne Whitton) took some time out before acting in haste and possibly making the situation worse.
6. DO except compliments : I am great at giving them but rotten at accepting them and will always come back with a comment like "Oh, its good lighting" or "Its all done with mirrors". If someone wants to tell you that you look nice then just a simple "thank you" will do.
7. DO except that none of us really know what we are doing as a parent : We are all just muddling along in the hope of getting it right, just try not to mess them up too much and remember to show them how to be a decent human being. Above all, tell them you love them every day and how proud you are of them.
8. DO trust your gut instinct : Mine has yet to steer me wrong but I have unfortunately chosen to ignore in the past. Remember, if it feels even slightly wrong then it probably is.
9. DO NOT buy a piece of clothing to "slim" into : You will never end up wearing it and it will just frustrate you every time you look at it.
10. DO NOT drink alcohol when you haven't eaten.......Enough said.
There are many more and I could go on and on......................But I won't. I would love to hear your Do's and Don'ts in the comments.
Lots of Love
Nodding in agreement to all of those!!ReplyDelete
Thankyou Clare, its a shame I can't put them into practise all the time xDelete
Fabulous huni! I can't do the criticism thing, too thin skinned! At the moment, my major Don't would do Don't try to live on 4 hours sleep a night! ha ha! xxxxxReplyDelete
I am shocking, although i guess nobody likes it do they. 4 hours sleep........Oh my....................I sympathise funny xxxDelete
Totally agree with you on not expecting of others what you give yourself. I am so bad at judging other people by the amount of effort I give. Plus the accepting compliments. How do I do that? I need to leave to accept them gracefully!ReplyDelete
Its a real problem with me, i often sit there and think how can people be so inconsiderate and thick skinned. I have culled my friendship group recently and backed away from those that make me feel negative. xxxDelete
I definitely do number 5 now, I have realised that once I have calmed down I will probably view a response on my behalf as a waste of energy and not worth it...hmmm still working on most of the others...oh apart from no.9...at the moment I am not buying any clothes because it is too depressing!ReplyDelete
It seems to be working for me i can tell you, i used to be very quick to go at it like a bull in a china shop but now i weigh up all the pros and cons xDelete
Sorry to hear you had a rough time with a situation recently i am a bugger for acting and saying in haste .. and i will never learn as i always put the mascara on first too!ReplyDelete
Bless you Jaime, i will fill you in on our meet up. The other option would be to wear waterproof mascara i guess xxDelete
Oh yes!! I agree totally....and I am also trying to learn to always trust my gut instinct, it's almost always right.ReplyDelete
Your gut instinct is usually right, i only wish i could of followed it over the years. Think it would of saved a lot of heart ache. xxxDelete
A great list and I can relate to number 4 and 5 so much as I too take things quite personally and do react quickly, it is important to take a breath and step back before responding! xReplyDelete
Thank you y lovely, i know what you mean. I am shocking at taking things to heart and then sit there analysing everything xxDelete
im guilty of many of these things , we never learn lol xReplyDelete
We don't Lisa do we, maybe as we get older we might xxxDelete
Oh yeah, I totally having learnt any of those yet - I have got the logic down pat, but cant quite get myself to act upon it!ReplyDelete
I am slowly learning Sonya, but i must admit i forget to follow my own tips more often than not xxDelete
Some good things on this blog post for sure.ReplyDelete
Thank you lovely Hannah, xxxxDelete
You sound like a very sensible person ;) am just sorry to hear you've been let down and bumped into stupid - hopefully not on the same day?! Good life tips here :)ReplyDelete
Ha ha....I love that you called me sensible Steph. Its just life i suppose isn't it having to deal with stupid people who don't seem to have many morals or respect. Thank goodness for lovely people like you xxxxxDelete
Yes for some reason I never take a compliment well- low self esteem doesn't allow it! I have learned to wait and ponder things though before acting- always est to chat to someone first for a different point of view definitely. Great list and as for drinking on an empty stomach........I will probably never learn ;)ReplyDelete
Same here hun, think it comes from being over weight and always being around gorgeous people. But i am learning that i am what i am and as long as I'm healthy it doesn't matter. xxxxxDelete
Yes, Yes and yes again. So guilty of some of them.ReplyDelete
Thankyou Lotty, and thank you for sharing on your lovely blog xxxDelete
That is a very good list, one most of us know we should follow but probably forget to! I try and give compliments so why wouldn't I receive them gracefully?ReplyDelete
I am always giving compliments and i really enjoy giving them too but as soon as someone says it to me i just freeze xxxDelete
That last point.. so many times and still I haven't learnt my lesson xReplyDelete
Its a killer isn't it.......Why don't we learn.......Arghhhhhhhhh xxDelete
Hehe good ones, I am a massive worrier too - it's so draining! xReplyDelete
Your right it is draining and so time consuming too. If i could drop one habit it would be that xxxxDelete
Don't drink on a school night - thats always mine and I often fail.ReplyDelete
I hear you Emma...........Trying to function the next day is fatal xxxDelete
Thanks for your tips! haha... some absolute gems! I can't say my mascara has ever run whilst prepping a slow cook meal though. Not yet ;)ReplyDelete
You must photograph your mascara running Ryan......I would love to see. Thanks for commenting my friend xxDelete
Totally agree with all of those!ReplyDelete
Thank you lovely Kara, glad you agree. xxxReplyDelete
Ohhh, the criticism thing. I am an all out champion at taking things way too personally. Honestly. I can't stop it.ReplyDelete