There are times when I say "IS IT ME?"....................There are times when I might even say "WTF"......But more often than not you will regularly find me saying "WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN". Here are my Top 10 Do's and Don'ts of everyday life.
1. DO NOT expect to much from people: Just because you might go the extra mile does not mean that they will too. Some people are just not built like that, if you don't expect you won't be disappointed.
2. DO NOT prepare a slow cooked stew in the morning: Chopping onions after putting Mascara on only ends in disaster.
3. DO NOT take criticism personally: This is something I am fabulous at. I tell myself that the other person is not attacking me, but it's an easy trap to fall into, and I am happy to oblige.
4. DO NOT worry about things that are out of your control: I am the worlds biggest worrier, in fact if I haven't got anything to worry about then I will actually worry about that. I am learning slowly that it is a big huge waste of energy and time.
5. DO think before you respond to "stupid": I am teaching myself to think what will happen and how will I feel in 3 hours if I respond to someone stupid. More often than not it stops me from making a situation worse. I recently had to deal with a nasty problem and with the help of a good blogging friend (thank you Suzanne Whitton) took some time out before acting in haste and possibly making the situation worse.
6. DO except compliments : I am great at giving them but rotten at accepting them and will always come back with a comment like "Oh, its good lighting" or "Its all done with mirrors". If someone wants to tell you that you look nice then just a simple "thank you" will do.
7. DO except that none of us really know what we are doing as a parent : We are all just muddling along in the hope of getting it right, just try not to mess them up too much and remember to show them how to be a decent human being. Above all, tell them you love them every day and how proud you are of them.
8. DO trust your gut instinct : Mine has yet to steer me wrong but I have unfortunately chosen to ignore in the past. Remember, if it feels even slightly wrong then it probably is.
9. DO NOT buy a piece of clothing to "slim" into : You will never end up wearing it and it will just frustrate you every time you look at it.
10. DO NOT drink alcohol when you haven't eaten.......Enough said.
There are many more and I could go on and on......................But I won't. I would love to hear your Do's and Don'ts in the comments.
Lots of Love