Wednesday 11 March 2015

Save or Strand

We played a game this weekend called Save or Strand...............It involved listing 5 famous people (fictional or non fictional) you would save on a beautiful remote island along with yourself and another 5 that you would strand on a raft destined for shore. This got me thinking and below are the results.........

Save List 


Imagine the scene, a beautiful island with plenty of vegetation and natural water......Who would I have with me...............

1. Steve Backshall - Obvious reasons................No, no not those reasons......I am thinking more of someone to deal with all the creepy crawlies, animals and fire building..........I am........Honestly.

2. Hugh Fearnley Wittingstall -  I would never starve and he could teach me how to cook properly............It may come as a surprise to you with a name like The Domestic Goddess but I am a totally crap cook......My kids thought Fish Fingers were black for years until they went to a friends house and refuse to eat orange ones as they "weren't cooked".......Whoops.

3. Dr Phil - Just in case anyone needs a good chat and some advice..................To be honest I think I might be too busy cooking and following Steve around to need any help.

4. Alex O'Loughlin (Hawaii 5 O) - You never know when you might need an ex Navy Seal to protect you and hold you tight at night if you get scared..........................It is very possible I will get scared a lot..........A LOT.

5. Mickey Flanagan - Someone to keep moral up and teach me the Limp Drag walk.

So there we go my Save List, you will notice I have no other women on the island. This has been done intentionally as I would hate to have to get cross with anyone if they wanted to "get scared" one night and need the protection of Steve and Alex...........Its only fair.

Strand List


These souls would be on a well built craft heading out to an island a very long way away from me....

1. Christian Grey - Quite frankly I couldn't cope with all the sex and would only end up getting Cystitis and feeling thoroughly miserable. Although I might have to ask to borrow his rope and Duct tape before he sets sail.

2. Justin Beiber - Quite frankly he can jump off the raft if he's feels like it.............Spoilt Brat.

3. Miley Cyrus - Same reasons as above and all that sticking your tongue business would get right on my nerves.

4. Bear Grylls - Why anyone would want to roll in snow and eat poisonous mushrooms is beyond me and I just cannot stand him. He might of been in the SAS but he's on my raft.

5. And finally.......As many politicians as possible....I know this is cheating but honestly its like listening to a load of kids in Playschool all fighting over one toy. Get a grip "ladies" and stop arguing about pointless things..................

So, there we have it folks. My Save or Strand list, now its time for you too tell me one person to go on each list........Its harder than you think.

Lots of Love
Me
xxxxx







28 comments:

  1. Haha funny post! Laughing at the fish fingers.

    Yep Mr Grey would probably only be useful for his cable ties and gaffer tape ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah i hear you! i have to agree i love your choices! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on saving Hugh - he'd be very useful wouldn't he? Tom Cruise would probably be on my strand list - won't watch his films.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've with you on a lot of that strand list - oh to leave some of those behind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great game. I would save Patrick Grant because I could sit and stare at him and he could make me some nice clothes to keep the sun off me. I would strand the entire cast of Frozen because they are annoying! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you'll be well looked after with that lot. I agree about Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a tough decision! I am with you on Steve Backshall, for the obvious reasons too! I am in agreement with all of your strand list, particularly Bear Grylls, I can't stand him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahahaha this has just made me nearly dribble in my pregnancy state with laughter, i have to agree with the miley and beiber totally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes definitely Christian Grey on the raft, he'd drive me insane. Love Justin jumping off too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I pretty much agree with your choices!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Save: Kirsty Wark. Brainy, good company - AND she danced in the Red Nose Day danceathon, which I know from personal experience is no mean feat! Strand: Jeremy Clarkson. Don't think I need to give too many reasons there....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I would actually be sending the same people away as you! So sick of hearing about 50 Shades of Grey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right, that is a tough choice! Don' think I'd go with any of your saves though so you're safe ;) I'd take the dance instructor who led us for the 70s disco section in the #danceathon last Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would rather have Bear than Steve! I have never read 50 shades and spat my tea out at the cystitis!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say I do like Bear! hehe not sure who'd I'd have with me... I wouldn't last 5 minutes anyway lol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. funny post I love it , yes Bear Grylls is irksome

    ReplyDelete
  17. Save - have to go for my OH. I am sure who would be a perfect companion.
    Strand - bankers, all of them with no exception

    ReplyDelete
  18. I particularly love your strand list, I feel the same about all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, 'food for thought' I have no idea who I would save or strand...need to have a good think :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hehe this made me giggle.
    With you on throwing Justin beiber adrift

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well..........After all those lovely comments you can all come on my beautiful island with me. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a brilliant game! Love your strand list, I agree with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with the strand list, but my save would not be complete without Pierce Brosnan on it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd have to save Bear Grylls as I haven't heard of Steve (sorry!), but totally with you on Justin Bieber. Oh, and can we strand Jeremy Clarkson on his own small desert island please?

    ReplyDelete
  25. With you on so many of these, especially the strand list! Love your logic on who to save... a girl has to be practical in an emergency and it sounds as though you've got everything covered.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would choose Steve Backshall for all the same reasons *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't stand Bear Gryls either!! would defo be stranded for me too x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh, that's hard. Stranding - is it too cliched to add my MIL? ;) Saving... Hmm.... Can I save James Bond? Does he count?

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx