Summer holidays are almost here (even though The Female Teen finished 5 weeks ago) and I have decided to do a summer bucket list. Obviously those that know me will know that my kids are older so I'm not entirely sure I will see an awful lot of them but I am hopeful that they might want to do some of the list with me. I have never done one of these but I am seeing it as a challenge and intend to try and complete every item on it and blog along the way with my progress. So without further ado, here we go....................................................................
1. Try at least a spoonful of all 13 flavours of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (by a spoonful I obviously mean a large spoonful).
2. Make a cake/fairy cakes and decorate it/them once a week (photos to follow).
3. Eat breakfast outside as many times as we can (obviously this will only apply when its hot).
4. Take the kids to play crazy golf.
5. Go out for lunch with kids at least once a week (that's if I can pin them down).
6. Finally buy a sewing machine and make cushion covers (I am not hopeful this will actually happen).
7. Take loads of photos of my kids (time is going so fast, I need to do this).
8. Go up to London and see a West End show.
9. Buy something from a charity shop and restore/customise it.
10. Say "Yes" to everything for a whole day (I'm not telling Mr DG this for obvious reasons).
11. Read and finish 10 books (I have already started this).
12. Decorate The Female Teens bedroom (with her help).
13. Plant something edible ( I don't mean a cake ).
14. Ride bikes through the woods. (hoping Centre Parcs will take care of this one).
15. Go barefoot for a whole day.
16. Make sure I continue Date Night with Mr DG.
17. Take 12 year old Tween to see a film of his choice (even if it involves robots or aliens).
18. Movie night with whole family once a week.
19. Play board games in the garden after dinner with bowls of sweets and snacks (this keeps the kids at the table).
20. Try and make a difference to someone's day even if its just to make them smile.
So there we go, quite a lot to be going on with isn't there. I will surprise myself if I can do all that lot but I'm going to give it a bloody good go.
Hope you all have a brilliant summer
Lots of Love
I'm linking up with the lovely Emma who has created a Link called Summer Dreams, just click on the picture and it will take you right there.
A lovely list, I've not done crazy golf in ages but the kids love it.ReplyDelete
Me neither, I am determined to do it. We are off to Centre Parcs so hoping we can do that one there xxDelete
I am going to make a note of things I would love to do from your list, it has inspired me to do things with my 12 year old son xxReplyDelete
Great, glad to of been of help. I'm pinning it on the fridge to give me some focus during the weeks xxxDelete
These are great. Love the last one and would love to see a West End Show too! Hope you managed to do them all!ReplyDelete
Thankyou so much for reading. Teen wants to see Wicked so am going to see if we can get Matinee tickets xxDelete
That sounds like an excellent plan for the summer. Although pinning down your older children is probably going to be the biggest challenge of all. Good luck xReplyDelete
I think you may be right, maybe duck tape and some bribery might help me lol xxxDelete
Nice list, I need to try the first one, only tried a few. Didnt know there is 13 yummy :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing at the hop :)
Oh yes indeedy xxxDelete
great list, lots there that i would like to do too!ReplyDelete
Thankyou for reading xxxDelete
Great idea, and one that I might have to steal! #pocoloReplyDelete
Feel free my lovely xxxDelete
Hi! So glad to have found your blog! Thanks for following me on Twitter :) I love your list, especially the eating breakfast outside - I am in the process of writing my own summer bucket list type thing. I also love the 63 badge on your side bar-as a fellow 63 vintage domestic goddess, I should love to have one of these! I am just a hop over the boundary into Kent.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for reading so glad to connect with you xxDelete
There's so many lovely linkies around, I'll have to link up my #GetGoodSummer post to this linky too :) I did have a little chuckle at number 10, as you can imagine ;) xReplyDelete
That's a great list. And I reckon a fair amount of it is do-able! I'll enjoy reading about how you get on :)ReplyDelete
What a fabulous list!ReplyDelete
My 6 year old presented me with his own summer bucket list - completely unprompted by me. I'm going to try so hard to do everything on there!
Have a wonderful summer :)
Great list, I'm slightly envious that your list is much more about you than mine is - mine was written in an attempt to survive the summer with a 1yr and 4yr old. l like the sound of all of them except the sewing one, that's my idea of hell :)ReplyDelete
Please come back and link up any more posts if you write about completing the list. xx
Apart from no 12 and 17 (as n/a) I am with you all the way! A great bucket list :). Thank you so much for linking to PoCoLo and welcome :)ReplyDelete
I like the idea of a barefoot day! Great list. No. 1 should be a priority though!ReplyDelete
Love this what a great idea - I think I might steal it and make sure I do this every couple of months. LOL at not telling the hubby and with you on the crazy golf front! Let us know how you got on xReplyDelete
Just spotted you linked up with #GetGoodSummer... apologies for the lateness in stopping by!! Some lovely summer ideas... I might just have to nick a few! Don't forget to link up on Monday and let us know your progress! Claire xReplyDelete
I love the one on your list about making a difference to someone's day. I may borrow that idea for mine, as maybe my lists an be a little to much centred on my fun. Thank you :-)ReplyDelete