I however am not glum and have chosen to be happy and excited about the new year in front of me. I make it a habit not to make New Years Resolutions, mainly because Will Power is not a super power that I possess. I do instead make a list of things I will try hard "NOT" to do........................
I solemnly swear that I The 40 Year Old Domestic Goddess WILL NOT.....
1. Wash socks that are rolled into a tightly bound balls, if they want them washed they are going to have to unravel their little bombs of dirtiness.
2. Buy carrier bags from big high street names any more. My car is filled to the rim with reusable canvas ones and I just forget to take them with me. These big shops might claim to have the environments best interests at heart but lets face it if we all pay 5p for a shockingly awful wafer thin excuse of a carrier bag then its just extra in their pockets.
3. Stop eating chocolate.....Even though today marks the start of my heath kick for 2014. I refuse to believe that anything that tastes that good can be so bad.
4. Make excuses to why I cant go to the gym. I will admit that it is my least favourite place in the world but I need to bite the bullet and get a grip if I want to look like Kelly Brook by July.
5. Put off getting my eyes tested.....This is mainly due to suddenly realising that I am as blind as a bat and quite frankly I am amazed that any of this bog pist makes sense at all (sorry couldn't resist).
6. Worry about things that are beyond my control. As a self proclaimed control freak this is going to be a tricky one so we will see how it goes and whether or not I can actually stick to my word.............
7. Give up my dream of writing and publishing a book or having my own column in a magazine....ONE DAY.
8. And Finally.................................Ever stop being a crazy, insane, fun, slightly bonkers Mum. I refuse to be boring just so I don't "embarrass" the kids. One day they will look back at how much we laughed (admittedly its mainly at my expense) and smile at what a fun life we all had together under one roof.
So, there we go................................My 2014 list of "I Will Not's". Have a think and let me know what you will not stop doing this year...................Its harder than you think.
Happy New Year you gorgeous lot
I am linking this post up with the truly lovely Jaime over at .......
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3886095/?claim=vwajrtnhjm9">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Love the list and wish I had your convictions! #MagicMoments.ReplyDelete
Lets see if I can keep them xDelete
Good on you! I'm all for every one of these....but won't be joining you in the gym ;) I too have a dream to write a magazine column one day.....one day we will do it Sam! xReplyDelete
Thanks for reading my lovely. One Day xxxDelete
An awesome list...totally with you on the 'will not stop eating chocolate' and here's to not washing socks bundled into tight balls! #MagicMomentsReplyDelete
I have already refused a pile of socks......The looks on their faces as they unravelled them was priceless xDelete
Love your non new year resolutions. :) xxReplyDelete
Thankyou my lovely xxDelete
What an amazing list you have created, very best of luck with it! #MagicMomentsReplyDelete
Many thanks for taking the time to have a read xxxDelete
I love them! I love that you have fun and eat chocolate :) Great post.ReplyDelete
Hee hee...................I will keep the chocolate industry going xxDelete
i love them! is one of them come to BML as well?ReplyDelete
Already have my ticket and room booked.................Yippeeeeeeee. Are you going xxDelete
All the best to you, and never stop eating chocolate! #MagicMomentsReplyDelete
Its a deal xxxDelete
Great idea actually as I'm total rubbish at resolutions! Love the chocolate one especially :)ReplyDelete
Me too. xxxxDelete
I am loving this post honey and do super! who needs resolutions when 'will nots' are so much better!ReplyDelete
thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments
Thankyou my lovely, xxxDelete
V v funny Sam! Love it. I too have a small colony of plastic bags growing in my understairs cupboard which I vowed to reduce over the year, with only some success. But there's one thing you're wrong on - when you pay for a plastic bag from M&S, the money goes to environmental projects. Our local park got a revamp thanks to some of that money! So, when you hand over another 10p for that bag you forgot to bring, don't beat yourself up too much... :-). I too want to write a book someday, and I'm not dropping that either (blimey we have to be tenacious wotsits to hold onto that don't we?!) And also, you forgot one BIG 'not' for this Jan - drink alcohol!ReplyDelete
Oooo I did not know that at all. That makes me feel slightly better, I have done really well so far and have moved the reusable bags onto the front seat so I don't forget them. We must never give up on our dreams..............As for the Dry January, it's all going well and I can't believe how different I feel....How are you doing ?! XxxDelete