Monday 18 November 2013

Whats The Story - The Lock Bridge

Just One Wish


This photo was taken on our magical trip to Paris last month. The Teenager had watched a film recently that had shown a bridge where you could attach a padlock and throw the key over the side into the River Seine making an everlasting wish of love as you do it.

We had no plans to do this and had almost forgotten all about it until by pure accident we stumbled across the bridge on our way back from the Louvre Gallery. The Teenager squealed with delight and luckily you could buy little locks just along the path that ran along the river.

With the padlock secured onto the bridge we all held the key and shut our eyes as our wish was made. Then.........................."Splash" the little key went into the river. It was quite a poignant moment and the four of us all watched the ripples disappear along with our key and wish.

I looked along the bridge only to notice many lone people all looking longingly into the water, what were they wishing for I wondered....................I guess we will never know.



I'm linking up with the gorgeous Charly over at PODcastdove.com. Her What's The Story linky is one of the best ones out there and gives me a chance to show off a photo new or old that has a story attached to it.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that is a lovely story, one that I've never heard of before. I love Paris, but have missed out on this - surely a reason to return? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of going to Paris as a grown up - as opposed to school trips when it wasn't fully appreciated. I want to find this bridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, going as a grown up is so much better than when we all went as kids. xxx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely story and a very magical moment right there. There was something very similar in Verona, on the gates leading to the Romeo and Juliet courtyard - you must go there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou . Watched a film the other day called Letters to Juliet am sure it was the same courtyard. xxx

      Delete
  4. Ohh this is on my bucket list!! What a great moment. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx