With all this in mind The Husband and I decided to create our own restaurant in the conservatory, then close the french doors and pretend we were alone. The kids had been given strict instructions not to disturb us AT ALL unless a limb was hanging off.
We designated a Tuesday night as Date Night and it involved a romantic meal with candles and a beautifully set table. I have to say on the first one I actually felt quite excited at not feeling like just a mum for a couple of hours. The Husband prepared the dinner while I set the table and then in we went closing the doors behind us. For the first couple of minutes we sat in silence, not because we didn't have anything to say but because we were both taking in the serenity and peace of the whole experience.
1. dear mum and dad (notice how he puts mum first)
2. i hope you are having a nice time (this means he is now bored)
3. for tonight's entertainment i will be doing (he couldn't fit all this one onto 1 page)
4. some magic tricks. (Husband now kicking me under the table)
5. thank you for watching (please clap louder I cant hear you)
6. when are you coming out (I'm really bored now)
7. can i have a drink (that will get her out, she wont want me getting anything fizzy)
8. i love you xxxx ( give them the puss in boots eyes, it works every time).
Not only was the meal and company great but the in house entertainment was pretty good too.
We will be hiring him out for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs to anyone whose interested. xx