Tuesday 3 February 2015

The 6 Stages Of PMS.

What does PMS mean to you ? To me it means a few things................................................................

1. Puffy Mid Section
2. Provide Me with Sweets
3. Psychotic Mood Swings
4. Pardon My Swearing
5. Pass My Sweatpants
6. Pleasant Member of Society


Every month I lurch between a range of moods, looks and emotions and in its path I leave a trail of devastation and destruction. Once out the other end I then encounter that good old favourite "Guilt".

I start off quite normal (whatever that is) I look alright, my hair looks clean and my make up stays in place all day. I become my normal weight and I am happy, energetic and healthy.

Then.......Just as I am enjoying life it begins.

I suddenly notice a need for more coffee, which is not usual for me but when I realise that I have run out in one day this alerts me to the fact there is something brewing. My jeans feel a little tighter, my ankles look attractively swollen and I am experiencing hot flushes. This is called the "Puffy Mid Section" phase and its a total bloody joy.....

Next is the delightful "Provide Me with Sweets" phase, I eat them then feel guilty then eat some more. I can't just have one bar or even two its like someone has told me that the world is running out of Chocolate that day and I must inhale every last bit. I can cry at the drop of a hat and don't even get me started on those adverts with Mums and Daughters.......Sob sob sob..........Wa Wa Wa......Someone call me a WAmbulance.

Stage 3 and 4 are my personal favourites NOT! Its the "Psychotic Mood Swing" phase and I am a particular expert at this one. I can make a mountain out of a molehill, become paranoid that everyone hates me and then feel the need to possibly smash something. On top of all that I spend the whole time saying "Pardon My Swearing".........Classy.

Stage 5 is the big event and the "Pass My Sweatpants" time. I am swollen, in pain, fed up and in need of my bed. Its at this time that I start thinking how easy men have it..........Come to think of it have you noticed how the bloke word comes into everything we have to go through......MENstrual Cycle............MENopause..........GYnaecology................You get the drift.

The final stage is upon me and quite frankly I am totally exhausted, this is called the becoming a "Pleasant Member of Society" time and the only thing that will do is a face pack, my dressing gown and a big bowl of Pop corn followed by a good film and a lot of apologies.  The relief is apparent and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel...................Then it hits me...........................14 days until I start all over......................Nooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

What are you top tips to getting through this wonderful part of being a woman ???

Lots of Love
Me
xxxxxxx

35 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I adore your pictures huni! Fabby post you clever lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady, I must admit to having so much fun doing them. xxxx

      Delete
  2. yep , can relate, I never eat sweets but always know the day before im going to come on becasue i always want a chochy bar lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, i am not a sweetie kind of person but on that day i am like a woman possessed. xxx

      Delete
  3. Love this post - made me smile! Recognise sooo many of these stages! For me it's all about getting into my onesie and curling up with plenty of chocolate and ignoring everyone until it passes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats the best part isn't it Emily. My trouble is I don't fit in my onesie when I'm bloated so I have to wear it undone xxx

      Delete
  4. I totally hear you on these!! Love your animations too, all the stages you mention I can really relate to as I turn into a bit of a monster when I have PMS! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear my kids think i am loosing the plot once a month, my son just kind of looks at me and then leaves the room in haste xx

      Delete
  5. Lol I know as soon as I start snapping at people over little things that it is about to start. I get so moody and hate everyone! I hate how it is a monthly thing and we can't just do it a few times a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now wouldn't that be perfect, i could cope with a few times a year. xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my mood swings are getting worse as I get older, thank goodness I am single! I think I've done my bit for humanity and am looking forward to the next stage even if it is a bit early! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, i am actually quite looking forward to the menopause to be honest. xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my word. I'm not quite at this stage yet but I can certainly see it coming. Duck for cover everyone! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know where to come for chocolate and wine then Suzanne. We really need to live closer xx

      Delete
  8. Ha ha this is so funny and I love all the little pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely, glad you liked them. I do love designing them xxx

      Delete
  9. Always keep chocolates handy for that time of the month. Things son't get better as you get older....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mina, Mina don't tell me that..........I was hoping they did. Oh well i guess i better get more chocolate and wine in xx

      Delete
  10. I recognise all of those phases and can often tell what stage I'm at by how many members of the family are keeping out of my way! Great post hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes i know what you mean, I think that why my hubby stays at work so late once a month xxx

      Delete
  11. Ha this sounds familiar although I usually stop at Stage 3 - don't think I've ever gotten to Stage 6!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha, yes this is pretty much spot on! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha love the added images here! I'm very much a psychotic member of society more than anything else and my God the bloating is just cruel and makes me want to hibernate!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh geez, I don't wish to depress you but wait until you get to the other end and start going through the menopause. That throws a whole new can of worms at ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha. Lasts the whole month for me, a never ending cycle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha love this! I don't seem to suffer any of these or at least I don't notice if I do and the husband never mentions anything. Thinking about it though, I'm not sure he would if he did, just in case he knows me better than I know myself and he knows about the psychotic mood swing stage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I might have a while till this is for me but great advice hun and the images are even better :D
    Thanks for sharing

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha I love this! I have been pms free for 6 months but have replaced with its more hormonal friend pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is hilarious. I'm still waiting for this to kick in - been pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 4 years so pretty much avoided them for 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not many I just take magnesium and hope for the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehe I've noticed things a lot more in later years, I didn't suffer when I was younger, that I was aware of anyway! I'm usually at my worst mid cycle! But then I can be a grumpy cow whenever haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hear you - my body is just getting back to normal after having a baby and they are back with a vengence - my mood is the first thing to snap!

    ReplyDelete
  23. so weird I can't see any pics? Love the post anyway! I am terrible with PMS! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry guys, had to take pictures down whilst i checked something. Thanks for all of your lovely comments xxx

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx