Thursday, 7 February 2013
A Cheats Guide To Making Cake Pops.
The Northern Mother knowing this fact decided to buy me for Xmas a little gadget which she hoped would make me feel less of a failure when my kids remind me of how wonderful it would be to have cakes made for them when they get in from school.
I have never made Cake Pops and my kids are always going on and on about them so with that in mind I thought I would seize the day and have a bash. Now as I explained before I am a rubbish chef and will cut corners to save time anywhere I can.....Keep this in mind and don't judge me as I walk you through my first ever batch of Cake Pops.
3. Made the batter in record time (No mess or weighing involved). Spoon into little holes being careful not to overfill.
4. Shut lid down and wait 4-5 minutes.
5. TA-DAHHHHHH!!! Perfect little round cake balls of yumminess.
10. While they are cooling melt the rest of your chocolate and let it slightly cool down, I think this makes it less drippy when dipping the cake into.
13. Lift the ball out and hold upside down for a minute to let any drips run off, tap any excess off gently.
14. Hold the freshly dipped ball over the plate of sprinkles and spoon them all over.
16. Once you have done them all put the whole lot back into the fridge/cold room for about an hour.
17. Only one thing left to do now........EAT ONE BEFORE KIDS GET HOME TO QUALITY TEST THEM.
So there we go, quite straightforward.....Even for me. I think as I get better I will get braver and start to do different combinations. I have already had a go at spinning the chocolate over once they have dried and the kids thought they were amazing. There are many machines out there as well as Cake Pop pans I think its just personal choice.
Hope you enjoyed my cookery lesson.
Lots of Love