Tuesday 10 November 2015

10 Things You Never Say To A Woman On Her Period

It's here again.................Once a month the monster inside of me rears its ugly head and basically goes on some type of emotional rampage through my body. There is nothing I can do about it and have literally tried everything out there, so..........I just kind of accept it and try hard not to get myself into too much trouble along the way. So far I have never need Bail money or a good lawyer so I think I'm doing Ok.

My biggest problem is not how to handle it............It's how not to snap when somebody says something really stupid to you. What I really need is a Government Health Warning sticker on my chest so that people are slightly more sensitive.

Here are 10 things never to say to me or any other poor sod who is having their period.

1. "Well.........That explains your mood for the past 10 days"

2. "Haven't you just had one"?

3. "Look the bright side..........At least your not pregnant"

4. "How funny do your feet look when they go all puffy like that "

5. "Another slice of cake..........REALLY"?

6. "For the love of God stop crying........All I said was..."

7. "Does that mean we don't have to use a Condom"?

8. "I'm sure its not as bad as you make out"

9. "You can't have many more years left of this"

10. "The wine has run out and the shops are shut"........THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST ONE.

I can solemnly promise you that all of these sweeping statements have been said to me in one way or another throughout my life.

Can you imagine if men had their Menstrual Cycle, Menstruation, Menopause and Gynaecology appointments..............Hang on a second.............Something had just struck me whilst writing......All of those things actually have something in common......MENstrual Cycle......MENstruation........MENopause......GYnaecology...........I can see a conspiracy theory here.

If men had any of these things I'm betting we would all have a national holiday once a month. To be honest I just don't think they would cope full stop.................The houses of Parliament would be filled with hysterical screaming and shouting and lots of "he said" "she said"....................Wait.............That is exactly what its like in there.....................................Is there something we don't know????????

I'm off now to eat my own body weight in chocolate and massage my massive swollen ankles.............

See you on the other side
Love
Me
xxxx








I've linked this post up with the gorgeous Lets Talk Mommy.




5 comments:

  1. Where have you been woman..........My whole office has withdrawal symptoms. Glad you have returned. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to you for blogging again! Have a guess what my OH said the other today when I announced I had just come on...."oh great, now you've ruined my whole weekend". As if I plan it especially! Oh and yes, he always says no. 2. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and yes, I've also heard each and every one of these over the years - I am so relieved that it isn't just me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey you're back! All those things have been said to me too and it's a miracle my husband is still alive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness I love this. So brilliant and so true in every way. I could do with this to my hubby this week wink wink. Too funny. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx