Monday 22 September 2014

Dogs and Conspiricies

I awoke on our final day in Luxembourg with a slight headache but on the plus side it took my mind off my toe which still looked very broken....................................Mr DG was off today so we had the whole day to ourselves, he had arranged for breakfast in bed which made me cry.............................Oh, did I mention I have PMT too now..................................Marvellous.

I definitely knew I had drunk to much yesterday when I opened the hotel door only to see a group of tiny dogs running up and down the corridor. As I shut the door I remarked that I thought my mind had finally gone only to hear a "woof". Mr DG looked and he too said he could see a dog which was some relief as I did wonder if I had finally lost the plot. It turned out that they were not the only dogs in the hotel and were in fact in town for the World Dog Agility Championships.......................Obviously they weren't staying there in the evening but it seemed the corridors were a perfect place to practice "trotting"..........................What ever next.

Headed off for town which he now promised me would be open and it was...............................It was just beautiful and reminded me of Paris, street performers kept us entertained for hours and we wandered round the shops hand in hand all day....................................I think to be honest he holds my hand so I cant reach for my purse and buy anything.......................................................After a lovely lunch and the most amazing cake I have ever tasted we got the bus back to the hotel and collected our cases ready for the evening flight home.

Luxembourg airport was basic to say the least but impeccably clean like the rest of the country. Once through security we settled down to wait for our flight.................................................................

As a nervous passenger this is the time that I spend quietly contemplating my doom and become quite subdued to say the least..............................Mr DG knows this and deals with it in the best way by ignoring me totally and reading the paper. This works well for both of us and we are well practised in it............................The worst thing that can happen to me before a flight is an equally nervous passenger suddenly striking up a conversation with me...............................Unfortunately that is exactly what happened and I was subjected to 1 hour of conspiracy theories about anything to do with air travel. This bloke was way more nervous than me which gave me some comfort but there was no way I could listen to his voice or his assumptions anymore....................................I made our excuses and we left...............................Not only did we leave but we then hid as we could see him looking for us. I am amazed that we didn't get arrested for looking suspicious but luckily we didn't and made it onto the plane with Mr Conspiracy nowhere to be seen.

The flight home was great and my self help App worked wonders yet again, I even managed to have a Gin and Tonic which probably helped quite a bit to be fair.

It had been a wonderful trip and I would love to go back again some day, I missed the kids terribly but they were amazing and I think they actually looked after Grandma instead of her looking after them. To say I am proud of them is an understatement.

I am sure you are all wondering about the "toe"............................Well....................................Sods law.............................As soon as we got back, it stopped hurting and is now looking more like my own toe rather than a joke one. The broom is now firmly back in its proper place and Mr DG has finally admitted that it probably was his fault...................................................................................

Thanks for reading
Lots of Love
Me
xxxx

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good trip. The hotel sounds like faulty towers with all the dogs running about x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sounds like you had a lovely time over all - and you made it back in one piece!! Well done :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO @ the reason Mr DG holds your hand! I love this blog so much!! Glad you had a lovely break xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit, despite the doggy rehearsals in the corridor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had such good fun.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo for the toe, hurray for the cake! And those dogs - how surreal. A very eventful trip, by all accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How bizarre about all the dogs running up the corridor! I'm glad you got there and back in one piece (relatively).

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great trip. So glad the worst is over with your toe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the flights went well and that you had an amazing trip.......hope that toe is better now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did have a chuckle at you seeing the dogs in your hotel and thinking you had gone mad! So pleased to hear that your toe is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL... glad you made it back in one piece

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a great visit, I'm definitely thinking of going now

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pleased your toe is looking better and also pleased that you had a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great trip, glad to hear your toe is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like a brilliant trip...toe aside! I loved reading about it!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx