Thursday 6 February 2014

Nobody Said It Was Easy

I watched in awe as The Teenager sat amongst her study cards jotting down notes whilst ferreting through her books. Although it looked like hard work I think she actually enjoys it..........."Nobody said A 'Levels were easy Mum" she said to me as I continued to watch her, "You should try it.....A course or something" she whispered......"ME" I screamed "AS IF"............................................

Her words stuck in my head for days, I am ashamed to admit that school for me was just one big stage and if the day was fun and I made people laugh then I was happy and considered my education had gone well that particular day. I left school with  5 CSE's and 1 O' Level (I have no idea how I managed it but I did, albeit with very low grades but passes never the less).

I once wrote a blog about my English teacher who had told me that I would never amount to much unless it involved mimicking famous people or making a general fool out of myself. She laughed in my face when I told her I wanted to be a writer and almost fell off her chair when I expressed a need to write for a newspaper................................................................Need less to say she wasn't my favourite teacher.

Anyway, I have digressed......... With The Teens words fresh in my mind I did something rather amazing...........................................I signed up for a home learning course.........................I know right............................GET ME.

There were hundreds of courses available but I settled on something that has become a bit of a passion of mine and something I'm not bad at.........I am studying to get a Diploma (A DIPLOMA.......ME......WITH A DIPLOMA) in Web Design. I am sure most of us have all designed, struggled and clapped in delight at our own Blog Pages and I have even sometimes wondered how on earth I have managed to do something. A friend recently asked me how I had done something on my Face book Page and I had to be completely honest and tell her I had no clue and that it had just kind of happened.

So, there we go..................................I am officially studying.................................Just like The Teenager I find myself surrounded by study cards, books (really thick ones), folders, 2 laptops open on different sites and many resources. I am not going to lie and say that I am finding it easy because I am not and it is far more involved than I ever imagined. I have struggled to get a schedule in place and even found myself last week drinking too much coffee, eating too many biscuits and finding it hard to concentrate thus resulting in making an assault course for the dog using my text books and folders.

Not The Real One....I Promise.
The Teen has mocked me up a time table and is finding it hysterical that I am studying alongside her. But.....................................................I am loving it..........................Every blooming minute of it............................................I feel like my brain is loving it too and for the first time in ages I am sleeping properly.



Will I ever be the worlds best Web Designer???.............................I doubt it. But, I can tell you something.............................I am going to have a bloody good go at proving that English teacher wrong......................................................

Lots of Love
Me
xxx

21 comments:

  1. That's brilliant - good on you! And all credit to your teen for encouraging you! :) I often think I should do some kind of short course but never quite round to getting off my arse to investigate it... Good luck with it :) Look forward to reading about how it all goes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou my darling, I am really enjoying it. If I can do it anyone can xxxxx

      Delete
  2. That's amazing! Well done you! You'll have people queuing up for your services! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea especially with all this blogging malarkey!! Could end up being a good money making choice too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, would be lovely if I could do something with it afterwards xx

      Delete
  4. That's amazing lovely. I'm sure you will be great! Having something to work towards and motivate me always makes me feel so much happier xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun. I agree with you, it is so nice to have something to focus on. I have been feeling a bit lost lately with the kids growing up and not needing so much help xxx

      Delete
  5. Fantastic, I wish you well and I hope your old English teacher sees this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy studying! I love how some times our children say things that we brush off but really do have an impact on us. Good on you for going 'back to school'!!! #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you! that teacher was horrible! I love your office timetable (real or not!) Glad you are enjoying your course so much. I'm all for people achieving their dreams! #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck with this Diploma - I am sure you will be fab. Love the mock timetable and looking forward to hearing how you get on #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou my darling, I hope I can complete it. Will keep you posted xx

      Delete
  9. Well done you. I think it's great to have a go at learning something new, whether we are good at it or not. And I don't think that we should let age put us off, either. You sound very much like I was at school - there for the laughs and entertainment. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely friend. I think you were right in your introduction to the marriage post.....We are definitely soul mates......Imagine if we had gone to the same school............xx

      Delete
  10. Sam massive well done honey its a massive step to sign up for a course never mind start it and keep going!! i am nearing the end of mine and it has all certainly been worth it!

    thanks for sharing with #MagicMoments ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaime you are so sweet. What course are you doing???? Would love some tips on how to stay focused xx

      Delete
  11. Good for you! You should be proud of yourself for even trying. So many mums I know do absolutely nothing but cook and clean and here you are blogging and studying as well as Im sure a million other things! #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your comments, and I will always try to reply xxx