Summer holidays are almost here (even though The Female Teen finished 5 weeks ago) and I have decided to do a summer bucket list. Obviously those that know me will know that my kids are older so I'm not entirely sure I will see an awful lot of them but I am hopeful that they might want to do some of the list with me. I have never done one of these but I am seeing it as a challenge and intend to try and complete every item on it and blog along the way with my progress. So without further ado, here we go....................................................................
1. Try at least a spoonful of all 13 flavours of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (by a spoonful I obviously mean a large spoonful).
2. Make a cake/fairy cakes and decorate it/them once a week (photos to follow).
3. Eat breakfast outside as many times as we can (obviously this will only apply when its hot).
4. Take the kids to play crazy golf.
5. Go out for lunch with kids at least once a week (that's if I can pin them down).
6. Finally buy a sewing machine and make cushion covers (I am not hopeful this will actually happen).
7. Take loads of photos of my kids (time is going so fast, I need to do this).
8. Go up to London and see a West End show.
9. Buy something from a charity shop and restore/customise it.
10. Say "Yes" to everything for a whole day (I'm not telling Mr DG this for obvious reasons).
11. Read and finish 10 books (I have already started this).
12. Decorate The Female Teens bedroom (with her help).
13. Plant something edible ( I don't mean a cake ).
14. Ride bikes through the woods. (hoping Centre Parcs will take care of this one).
15. Go barefoot for a whole day.
16. Make sure I continue Date Night with Mr DG.
17. Take 12 year old Tween to see a film of his choice (even if it involves robots or aliens).
18. Movie night with whole family once a week.
19. Play board games in the garden after dinner with bowls of sweets and snacks (this keeps the kids at the table).
20. Try and make a difference to someone's day even if its just to make them smile.
So there we go, quite a lot to be going on with isn't there. I will surprise myself if I can do all that lot but I'm going to give it a bloody good go.
Hope you all have a brilliant summer
Lots of Love
I'm linking up with the lovely Emma who has created a Link called Summer Dreams, just click on the picture and it will take you right there.